For the Love of Leopard

On any given day, I walk at least 44 blocks to and from work. It's actually a fantastic commute—I just stroll down First Ave, under the 59th St Bridge, and cut over to Third. I think it's very good for my temper that I don't try to squeeze into a rush-hour 6 train, but the havoc that my walk wreaks on my feet? Not so much. Pumps are out of the question, and I'll only wear wedges when I'm desperate. (I keep a pair of each under my desk). (Obviously).

I'm crushing on a good pair of flats that, comfort and endurance aside, will make an easy transition to the office. My Bensimon sneakers won't cut it (cute as they are) and my satin Marc by Marc boat shoes are already really pissed that I let them near the gritty sidewalks of Chicago. These Madewell leopard print skimmers ($118; Click to Buy) are perfect. I love the pointed toe and the honest-to-God calf hair. Bonus: they're neutral enough to match almost everything, but still add a playful touch. And it's at moments like this that I regret memorizing my credit card number. But are they worth it? Absolutely.


[photo cred to Atlantic Pacific blog, top, and here]