Venus in Fur

In a cruel twist, one of my best friends has achieved my dream: a chandelier in the bathroom. This is in addition to high ceilings, a bay window and a kitchen with legitimate counter space (as opposed to a cart wedged up against the sink). How? She lives in a wonderful old building in Lincoln Park, Chicago. If her apartment were available in NYC, I'd have to sell my foot on the black market to afford it.

Just because trappings (har har) of luxury aren't built into my apartment here doesn't mean I can't fake them with warm, cozy textures like fur and fleece. Like so:
You never know just how tempting it is to turn that fur vest into a pillowcase until you catch a picture like the above. Not so crafty (or really attached to your fur vest)? Here are two terribly tempting options:
I love the Target pillow on the left for its a) price, and b) neutral color, but the Anthropologie throw on the right has just taken me to dinner and a movie before leaving me on the doorstep with just a peck on the cheek. I need you, flouncy fleece throw. I think we would be great together with a cup of tea and a chilly, drizzly morning. And let's be honest: it's not as though my IRA is going to keep me warm at night.

[photo cred here]