A Little Celebration

I turn 22 today, so I'm going to take this opportunity to paint my nails with glittery polish at my desk and eat an entire plate of cheese for dinner. Here's to champagne and having a job and playing with beauty products and graduating and family and happy hours and this dress (need it, but my wallet just shriveled up and died from sticker shock) and heirloom teacups and friends, both new and old.


Things I learned when I was 21:
1. If you can smell the whiskey on his breath through the door, keep it closed.
2. I hate Ikea. I love Ikea. I have a love-hate relationship with Ikea.
3. Whispering is rude.
4. Wearing a slip is important when your dress is sheer. Owning a full-length mirror is also helpful.
5. How to tell the difference between a traditional IRA and a Roth IRA.
6. Pear and bleu cheese ice cream exists. It's not too bad.

[photo cred here]