Celebrations

Is it odd that I'm looking forward to the week, if only because I'll finally get to rest and relax a bit? This weekend was a lovely blur of birthdays and basketball games and sangria and hors d'oeuvres, but if I don't get a full night's sleep sometime soon, I'm going to self-destruct. Still, it was nice to spend so much time in downtown Chicago, from sipping champagne at Crescendo to dancing at the penthouse of the SwissĂ´tel to, finally, a delicious Sunday evening dinner at Sepia.

I'm never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever going to do this on even a semi-regular basis, but I made my roommate/best friend take a photo of my outfit for formal in our living room, just in case you wanted to see my sartorial choices for the evening: the dress is Armani Exchange and belongs to roommate/bestie, the earrings are Frank Gehry for Tiffany & Co, the shoes are Marc by Marc Jacobs, and the clutch is Kate Spade. People actually thought I brought a book to formal...and sadly, they didn't even seem surprised.