Soap & Paper

I wandered into Soap & Paper Factory's stall at the Grand Central Christmas Market on a whim. I swear I didn't mean to stumble into the money pit of all things beautiful and fragrant, but then again, I have such a penchant for all things beautiful and fragrant that this was bound to happen eventually. I'm not sure which snagged my attention, the pretty packaging or the wafting scents. Then I spotted drawer liners, and the gift radar in my head whirred a bit before screaming "MOTHER. MOTHER. MOTHER." My mom has a thing for anything luxurious and typically useless, and what do drawer liners do? They sit in a drawer, look good, and smell like flowers. I wish I could find something like that in a job description.

I bought her a pack of drawer liners in the green tea scent, and it smells so good that I almost want to keep it for myself. But I can't — right? On the bright side, I can "hide" it in my drawer until Christmas so that my mother won't find it and my sports bras will become tea-scented sports bras. And everyone knows that tea-scented sports bras are way better than unscented ones. If you have someone on your list who doesn't treat themselves to the lovely, however frivolous, things in life, these drawer liners are the perfect gift.