Camel Code





I've fallen hard for the camel hue that's been taking runways by storm as of late. It's such a classic, subdued shade that's not exactly a neutral nor saturated with color. I love how innovative designers use other mainstay neutrals, such as grey and black, to offset the various tones of gold and brown. A soft, thicker texture to accompany camel is vital as well. My mother has a beautiful camel MaxMara coat; it's so soft and luxurious that when I was young, I loved to bury my head in it whenever she wrapped an arm around me. Designers have given an edge to camel by playing with the shapes instead of sticking with tried and true silhouettes. By combining camel with unstructured pullovers and cropped sweaters, the look walks the line between relaxed and sophisticated — perfect for chilly walks to class and lounging late at night with a new book.

[photo cred to J. Crew September 2010 via dress, design & decor, Elle Canada October 2010 via Smile via dress, design & decor, and Ylonka Verheul, Melissa Tammerijn and Marlena Szoka by Indlekofer & Knoepfel for Vogue Germany, September 2010 via A Glamorous Little Side Project via this is glamorous]