Weekender

What are you up to this weekend? I'm kicking things off with my sorority's spring formal, which is at the Stan Mansion in downtown Chicago (doesn't it look absolutely breathtaking?). Then, my weekend will slowly devolve into hours upon hours of the homework that I've been ignoring since my boyfriend first got here.
One of my roommate's best friends passed away yesterday. She'd been strong and always healthy, but a blood clot in her leg traveled to her heart. I don't know how to console my roommate - I've bought her Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and chips with guacamole, but food only does so much (for her, at least). Do you have any thoughtful ideas as to how I can cheer her up and make these next few weeks a little easier for her?
Here are some links for your weekend!

- I'll never be too grown-up for this youthful and happily chaotic Diesel ad campaign.
- rush hour in Amsterdam turns a bicycle from a want into a need.
- the lovechild of Pandora and a mood ring? Awesome.
- I'm aching to bake a large batch of these and dip them in some espresso.
- maybe it's because I grew up watching Golden Girls reruns, but Betty White is my hero.

Have a beautiful, relaxing weekend!