Weekender

The weekend seems like it will be a good one despite all of the rain that Chicago has in store. Apart from mounds of homework, I'm going downtown to shop with some friends and have plans to stuff myself full of delicious dim sum. My picks out of the several million that are offered on carts? Definitely cha siu bow (steamed pork buns - though baked is good, too), dhan ta (egg custard tarts), and ha fun (shrimp wrapped in fun rolls). Mmm, I might be salivating just thinking about it. Here are some links to brighten your weekend:

- my obsession with Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution + Earth Day = a guide for eating well and keeping green all day, every day.
-speaking of green, too bad I don't have enough to spend on these sweet wedges.
- if you have spare time, spare chocolate, and spare marshmallows, I highly suggest that you donate it all to a batch of these.
- my favorite character in Alice in Wonderland is the Dormouse, so naturally, I adore these invitations that pay homage to him.
- a wonderful, supersize collection of photographs from one of my go-to blogs.

A note: my wonderful boyfriend sent me some cupcakes for our anniversary from Saint Cupcake. Have I eaten all of them? Maybe. They're all delicious, but the best are anything with the buttercream frosting.

Have a bright and beautiful weekend!
[photo cred to Robert Lio]