Monday Morning

This morning is all bright skies and fresh winds, and I just couldn't resist throwing in a shot of the Chicago skyline that is so iconic of Northwestern's campus. My weekend was delightful but completely unproductive, which is especially unfortunate as this is midterm week. I went downtown with some friends to Cusp, one of my new favorite stores and an offshoot of Neiman Marcus, and Kamehachi, which offered delicious sushi. Yesterday, I ventured into Little Vietnam (which is actually Little Asia) and bought enough dim sum to feed five people - for $12. Whenever I find myself in a Chinese bakery surrounded by other Asians, I try far too hard to put on a good Cantonese accent and instead, mark myself as the half-Asian wannabe. Fine. Guilty as charged.

At Cusp, I picked up two very cute tops that I insisted to my mother were "work appropriate," a statement which may be up for debate. Yet I also spotted a beautiful dress that was out of my current spending limit but perfect for the editorial internship I snagged for the summer:
The neckline is what caught my eye, with the uber-flattering pleating coming in a close second. The cap sleeves are so sweet and the higher neckline is demure but alluring (bad personal pun - the internship is with Allure magazine). I can see it transitioning smoothly from day to night with a pair of strappy nude heels and a sweet clutch. A lot of Black Halo's Resort 2009 line is work appropriate with an edge, and you can find the Pick of the Week here, as well as countless other adorable dresses.

[photo cred to Gerald Oh]