Jungle Fever

I have a weak spot for animal jewelry, though I err on the side of bizarre rather than kitschy. My parents cringed when I returned from a high school trip to Rome sporting a sterling silver snake thumbring. They're the sort to tell me that sure, I can get another piercing - as long as they can do it with their dental drills (which is a surprisingly effective way to keep your children in check). Plus, my mother funds my entire life, so I'd might as well try to avoid driving her completely crazy.
In addition to the thumbring, I have a bronzed octopus necklace and a starfish headband. It only makes sense that I've developed an enormous crush on Erica Klein's designs:
I love that the ram is actually subtle and, if worn among a mess of bangles, would require a second glance for recognition. My favorite, though, is most definitely the lion door knocker ring. It's extremely quirky, very unique, and would make my mother question my taste. There are more options on her website here, though the upgraded materials (emeralds, 18K gold, etc) make for higher prices than on Shopbop. If you can afford the better quality, by all means, go for it. If you're a junior in college with no money making prospects in the near future, spring for the cheaper versions, which are just as lovely.