A Sweet Suite

HandyMan and I finally made a decision on the bathroom vanity. Its going to be this petite beauty, the Kohler Kelston, which we saw two weeks ago at the Tubs showroom. While not much bigger than the current pedestal, it offers two drawers and a shelf for storage. I figure I'll put some woven baskets on the shelf to hold baby WanderLuster's diapers and toiletries. The design will add a bit of femininity to the space too, I think. The scallops on the door front and the curved legs remind me of my dining room chairs...slightly Barbara Barry-esque :)

Now the only hold up is deciding on the faucet, which we need to do before we order the vanity because the sink can be customized to fit a single, 4", or 8" center set. I'd like something that looks vintage, maybe with porcelain handles. One suite that has caught my eye is the Fairfax model from Kohler. Here's a few pieces from the line:




I would really love a handspray on a slide bar...easier for cleanup, and good for short people like me. But boy, its an $investment at about $250 for just the bar. What do you folks think - worth it or not? I've used aftermarket shower heads before, but most of the time, they just don't look right with the rest of the fixtures.