Half-Tucked

Emmauelle Alt can do it, and so can you! A half-tucked shirt that doesn't seem messy or careless has always eluded me, although my affection for worn cotton tees may have contributed to this. When my tee is half-tucked, I look like I'd might as well give up and roll back into bed. However, I adore the idea of a top half-tucked into a pair of shorts for summer. Here are two ways to pull this off:

1. Take a note from Emmanuelle Alt and accessorize consciously: it's difficult to look like a slob if you're also wearing an embellished leather jacket and thigh-high boots. Oh, has the temperature increased by 50 degrees in the past three days (cough Chicago cough)? A belt, a few bracelets and a sweet pair of aviators do the trick; together, they show the thought and care put into the ensemble.

2. Upgrade from the plain tee: silk blouses or oversized button-downs offer a little breathing room, which is perfect for hot summer days. I love to pair silk tanks by Joie with denim shorts and flat sandals. It's still a casual and effortless look, but the material and cut of the tank lend a much-needed dose of polish.



[photo cred to 1 and 2, both via Have Less Be More]